Thursday, March 6, 2008

Spin Class Review - Weds 4:00p - 7 out of 10 spin bikes

Today is the review of Weds spin class at the Y - the class was at 4:00p and was titled Strength - strength class is basically climbing for 45 minutes. The class was taught by B.S.(initials to protect the guilty)

This class is not very busy, I guess because it is at 4:00p and not everyone is off from work yet. I went early because I wanted to get a good hour warm up before class started. Around 3:45p people started to show up and get warmed up. The instructor showed up about 3:55p - and seemed like she did not know she was teaching class today - no worried she seemed nice and was quick about getting ready.

The class music was pretty average at best - I think I heard her mumble something about this was not her music and she was making due (again, another hint she did not know it was her turn to teach??). There was a Rolling Stones tunes and some techno and some wrap - mostly songs I did not know. There was a punk rock version of a 60s tune that I thought was the Mamas and Papas (you know - the lady that choked on the ham sandwich)- but it wasn't so now I am left to rack my 40+ year old brain to figure it out. As you can see I do not remember much about the songs - maybe I am old, maybe I was working too hard, maybe I was thinking about too much other stuff. So the music was ok - not great not horrible.

The class was awesome - I like the classes where you are not doing jumps and all kinds of crazy stuff on the spin bike. We basically increased the tension on the bike for 20 minutes - some in the saddle some out of the saddle - then flat road for 5 minutes to get a slight recovery. The another 20 minutes of increased resistance. Overall I was a sweaty mess and got a very good workout out of it. When in the saddle I stayed in the aero position as much as possible in order to get ready for Tri season and I do not go out to position 3 too much when standing because I do not ride my bike like that.

Any way, if the music was more memorable I might give this class 8 spin bikes but since I can not remember any of the tunes besides to say - I am not a fan of this tune - I will give it a 7 out of 10 spin bikes.

I would recommend classes from B.S. - she was energetic, smiled allot, encouraged others and seemed nice. Maybe next time she will have her soundtrack instead of someone else's.

Enjoy. (no class on Thursday but maybe Friday's later class this week)

No comments: