Thursday, November 12, 2009

Track workout



Last night was my last track workout before Space Coast Marathon - I set out to do 10 x 800 in 2:50 with 2:50 off. This would give me a good gage of where my speed was and how fast I might be able to run a marathon.

My pacing was a little off at first - my first 800 was 2:38 - then I settled in and ran 11 x 800 with my fastest (besides the 1st one) was 2;45 and slowest was 2;47 - I felt good and pacing was pretty darn consistent.

I am not sure i can run a 2:47 marathon because I do not have the miles in my legs that I would need for that but I might be able to run a 2:55 or so.

After 4 weeks of training I feel pretty good - I will do a long run Sunday and another on Monday and then start my taper for the race - I do not have to taper too much because I have not run a lot.

We will see how it goes in 2.5 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed

No comments: