Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Amazing Story

I will begin training a new athlete in May, his name is Steve. Steve will be training for to run the Space Coast Marathon and try to qualify for the Boston Marathon.

Steve's story is a little more than that though - he is a resident at the Orlando Rescue Mission - he is working on getting his life back together and we are going to use running to help that mission. I hope that is some small way I will be able to help Steve with his life and in some big way help him with his running goal.

I also hope that Steve will help me get along with my life and help me progress past the trials and tribulations that have been presented to me lately.

He has not been running very long but he has some real potential and after all he has been through he certainly has mental toughness to get through a hot summer of training and accomplish his goals.

Once we start to train and I talk to Steve more I will share our story and let you know his progress - I may be asking some of you to help along the way because it is going to take hope and encouragement to bring Steve to his goals!

1 comment:

Stepping Onward said...

Thank you, Bill, from all of us at Stepping Onward. I'm sure that you will find that both of you will be blessed along the journey.