Saturday, April 10, 2010

Great Results

One of the reasons I started coaching was because I liked to see other people succeed and meet their goals. I figured if I was a coach I could help athletes do just that. Over the years we have had many success stories and I hope we continue to have many more. Not only is it awesome to see others succeed it is extremely motivating for me as an athlete. If the people I coach can do their workouts and continue to improve than by golly I can too.

Here is one of those stories. Rich C is a relatively new athlete to the Team Hendryx stable. I had him on a trial run last year and we got him hooked on running and triathlon and he joined out team this year.

Rich is an old neighbor of mine who moved away and we lost touch - but some how became connected again in the last several months. He has some lofty goals to achieve and my biggest worry with Rich has been slowing him down and talking one step at a time.

Rich was able to meet one of his goals today - to set a PR in the half marathon - go under 1:50 for the half marathon and beat his time from last year in the same half marathon.

Today Rich ran a 1:45 - last year in the same race he ran 1:59 - that is a 14 minute improvement, that is 1 minute and 4 seconds faster PER MILE over 13.1 miles - on the exact same race course as last year.

The best part of the result - Rich had a great time, was injury free, paced his race well and had something left in the tank when he was done!

Next up is triathlon season for Rich then we will get him back into running in the fall. I look forward to more exceptional results from him and our other athletes.

Well done - contact me for more info on how to succeed like Rich has!

No comments: