Thursday, September 10, 2009

can it be...6 days in a row? with a little help


I have successfully put in 6 straight days of workouts - not many of the days have been easy to get motivated and get moving but I am getting through it. I actually did something the other day that I NEVER have done before - I took my iPod with me for my bike ride. it actually provided that little extra push to help me with the ride - a semi tough 45 miler with two 5 mile hilly time trails mixed in.

After my open water swim yesterday I took the iPod back out on the run with me - I cruised through 45 minutes at an estimated 7:40 pace. Felt pretty easy!

The weather also helped some this week - yesterday was pretty cool in the morning and on the run it was rather nice - not too hot at all.

I just got done a 75 minute trainer session with two 10 minute Olympic efforts mixed in. Still have 2 gym sessions, 2 run sessions, and a bike session left this week. Tomorrow will be a tough day because it is an early day at work but we will get through it.

At the end of the week (me, my iPod and the nice weather) will have gotten through 4 runs, 3 bikes, 2 swims and 2 gym sessions - not a bad week and it is helping a decent base for some of the upcoming plans!

Hope every one's training is going well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You sound happy and motivated, great job!

ShirleyPerly said...

Great job on the 6 straight days of workouts! It does feel like it's been a bit cooler recently. Not sure if it's because of Fall arriving or just all the rain we've gotten.