Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Health First tri

well, the triathlon came and went and I moved on to training for the Space Coast Marathon.

here is an overview of the race

swim - 32nd out of the water - I am not the fastest swimmer but I swam well and felt good getting out of the water.

bike - averaged about 21.5 mph for the 27.5 mile bike - I passed a lot of people on the course. The winds were very mild compared to other years so it set up for a pretty decent ride. 16th overall after the bike

run - 39.47 10k - one of faster 10k finishes in a tri. I had the 3rd fastest run of the day and ended up climbing to 6th overall.

I was able to win my age group and improved on my times from the other years I have done this race. I could not have been happier with the results considering my training was average at best.

I raced without a watch or speedometer on my bike - I did the whole race by feel and went as hard as I thought I could go and still run well. The plan worked pretty darn well.

nest up - Boston qualifying at Space Coast then on to training for the 100 miler

No comments: