Wednesday, April 28, 2010

healing - hopefullly



so i went to see my friend and Team Hendryx athlete, Dean. Dean is a acupuncturist and has been working on me for about 6 months now. I was hoping he could assist with my Achilles issues I am having.

we have diagnosed the issue as a calf issue and need to stretch out the calf more and to work out some kinks. Today, we did an acupuncture session (where needles went almost all the way through my ankles, deep tissue massage and kinesio taping.

I am going to run (short and easy) tomorrow and see how it feels. I am hoping this is a step in the right direction and that with a couple more appointments in the next 2 weeks along with another taping session right before the Keys I will be able to get to the start line and put in a solid effort.

Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: