Monday, April 26, 2010

oh the humanity


I wish my feet felt like this but they don't and I am getting to be very aggravated. I had a great week of training that ended with some pain in my achilles - I then selfishly ran a hard 5k that I should have passed on. I couldn't get warmed up and the pain never decreased during warm ups, then I had to sit on the start line for 30 minutes. The pain was bad during the race but I just kept going - dummy me.

I took a week off and only rode the bike and did the elliptical - I tried to run on Friday but the pain was still there. I am back on the shelf again - I am riding, swimming and ellipticaling - guess I will just wait and see if the pain goes down before the race.

Let's keep our fingers crossed

1 comment:

ShirleyPerly said...

Oh no!!!

That type of overuse injury is worse than an acute injury like my sprained ankle, I think. Hope your achilles improves in the next couple weeks.